What we will do
Enjoy the best of Osaka's famous street food and hidden back alleys on this 3-hour Osaka Food Tour in the famous foodie neighborhood of Dotonbori & Namba! Experience an unforgettable stroll through the historical food streets of Osaka and eat like a local in the city known as “Japan’s Kitchen.” Your local expert will take you on an unforgettable eating excursion through the busy streets and the hidden, less frequented parts of South Osaka. The tour kicks off in the busy Dōtonbori area where we will learn about Glico man, a Filipino sprinter named Fortunato Catalon who inspired a nation and a company! Similar to Shibuya (its counterpart in Tokyo) the sights and sounds of Dōtonbori often lead you astray to overly-commercialised restaurants with queues of tourists outside. We want to take our guests to places they would certainly miss without local guidance. We will take secret alleys not long after we begin the tour toward the shrine hidden from sight for the average passerby.
We will sample Kushikatsu (deep-fried meat and veggie skewers), a local take on Yakitori, and we will surprise you with a Michelin rated street food stop for Osaka’s favorite snack– Takoyaki! (a kind of grilled octopus fritter). Next, travel down more narrow alleys and see some of the more unconventional restaurants and pubs. Your guide will then lead you to a local lunch spot, an Izakaya or local gastro-pub with seasonal dishes and lunch sets that will intrigue and delight.
From there, you’ll explore other nearby local neighborhoods and finally finish off with a tasty local street food dessert!
- A walk through Dotonburi and surrounding areas by taking secret alleys off the main street.
- Explore back streets and small local shops
- Enjoy Osaka’s specialty, Kushikatsu (fried skewers) try Michelin rated Takoyaki (octopus fritters).
- Take the back roads and to a hidden Izakaya and enjoy a seasonal lunch set while chatting with your guide and fellow guests and tasting a wide range of Japanese flavors.
- Finish up with a yummy local dessert!
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of Starbucks Tsutaya Ebisu-bashi Dotonbori (next to Laox Shop)
スターバックスコーヒー TSUTAYA EBISUBASHI店
You can copy and paste this to Google Maps:
大阪府大阪市中央区道頓堀１丁目８−１９ (スターバックス TSUTAYA EBISUBASHI店) 542-0071
1-8-19 Dōtonbori, Chūō-ku, Ōsaka-shi, Ōsaka-fu 542-0071, Japan
Access: Namba Station - Midosuji Line Exit 14, Hanshin Line Exit B12
What I will provide
- Try local dishes at 4 food stops
- 1 Drink.
- Traditional Japanese Dessert.
- Local English speaking guide.
- A strict policy on tour start time. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.