What we will do
Enjoy a guided tour through the famous Kuromon Market to learn more about its history and get to know the local products that make this a special place to visit. You will not only learn about Kuromon Market but also get an insider's perspective on the culture, local people, food, and the Osakan way of life.
- Sample fresh seafood, wagyu beef skewers, and other treats.
- Explore this historic market that is “Osaka’s Kitchen” famous for fish, and other delicious seasonal ingredients and dishes.
- Hear about Osaka’s typical cuisine and culture as you explore.
- This market has great energy and welcomes locals and tourists together.
- Discover Osaka’s “Kitchen town” and learn more about plastic food.
- Try local pickles, tea, and a wagashi dessert before the tour ends.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up pint:
UCC Cafe Plaza Kuromon-Ichibamae
Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Chūō-ku, Nipponbashi, 1-18-3
Nippombashi Station - Osaka Subway, Sennichimae Line or Sakaisuji Line Exit 5
What I will provide
- Try local dishes at 5 food stops
- 1 Drink
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 9:00 am and ends at 12:00 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary restriction flexibility: vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian, gluten-free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.