What we will do
PLEASE NOTE: Our tour is continuing as scheduled for Cherry Blossom season 2020 but please note due to changes recommended by the Japanese government for reducing the spread of Covid19 this season, the canal trees will not be lit in the evening and the normal festival food stalls will not be in operation. The cherry trees will still be gorgeous of course and we will have many fun food experiences planned. We will be substituting our food stops to include local dishes at restaurants near the Cherry Blossom area as well as special snacks we will share with our guests. Your understanding is appreciated. If you have any questions message us at email@example.com
Cherry Blossom season in Tokyo is so beautiful, and even more so in the evening when lanterns and lights turn the tree-lined streets into a magical fairyland. Nakameguro is a trendy, beautiful neighborhood, very famous for its 2 km route along the Meguro River/Canal. This entire route is lined with cherry trees and it must be seen in person to really get a feeling for how beautiful the sakura (cherry trees) are. Join us on this walking tour along the canal and around the vibrant restaurant and shopping area. Taste local treats and beverages, explore the history of the district and finish up with dinner at an amazing Udon noodle-based pub that features local seasonal dishes, Japanese rice wine, and of course amazing handmade noodles.
- 3-hour tour around the canal and trendy Nakameguro neighborhood.
- Try local snacks and beverages including sweets, sembei, and other special seasonal items.
- Enjoy a tasty dinner at a local Izakaya (Japanese pub) that specializes in Udon (wheat noodles).
- Experience a real Hanami (flower viewing) stroll with our local guide, plenty of time, and tips for taking great cherry blossom photos.
- Browse the local festival-like atmosphere.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of Segafredo coffee shop, right by the entrance of Nakameguro station.
〒153-0051 Tōkyō-to, Meguro-ku, Kamimeguro, ３−４−３
Nakameguro Station Toyoko line or the Hibiya Subway line
What I will provide
- One drink included
- Try local dishes at 5 food stops with dinner in a restaurant
- Local snacks and sweets
- Sightseeing and shopping time
- Local English speaking guide
- Strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 4:30 pm and ends at 7:30 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.