What we will do
The true Hanami spirit during Cherry Blossom season in Tokyo is hidden in the back streets, old neighborhoods, and around temples and shrines (both big and small). Join us on this walking tour of part of the Yanaka area. Taste local treats and beverages, explore the artistic history of the district, and finish up with your own hanami stroll and foodie experience- under gorgeous blossom-lined streets.
- 2.5 hours in the back streets in Yanaka with an old town ambiance of Tokyo from past decades.
- Try local snacks and a sake tasting (other beverages also available).
- Experience a real Hanami stroll with our local guide, plenty of time, and tips for taking great cherry blossom photos.
- Browse the local shops along the way.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
The front of Coffee Room Renoir Nippori
〒110-0001 Tōkyō-to, Taitō-ku, Yanaka, 7 Chome−20−６
Nippori Station on the JR Yamanote train
Exit from the North Gate to the West exit
What I will provide
- Tea, sake, other beverage tasting included
- Special Hanami Bento (Japanese lunch box) and local snacks and sweets
- Shopping time
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 11:00 am ends at 1:30 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.