What we will do
Day Trip from Tokyo, Osaka, or Kyoto Via Bullet Train and then Travel through the streets of this stunning town at the base of Mt. Fuji.
Our Mt. Fuji Food tour takes place in the lovely town of Fujinomiya, just at the base of the most famous mountain in Japan. With deep clear mountain spring water- Fujinomiya is a great place for delicious food, sake, soba noodles, and green tea. Get off the beaten track of the Tokyo-Kyoto corridor and discover true local furusato (home town) spirit. Fujinomiya is an easy day trip from Tokyo (or an overnight visit that will give you more time to explore!).
Our guide will journey with you by Bullet Train and Local trains from Tokyo, Osaka, or Kyoto. This will be a 6-7 hour tour. We can also arrange travel by private van upon request. Prices will vary.
Upon arriving in Fujinomiya, Shizuoka — The brand new Mt Fuji World Heritage Cultural Center is our starting point to explore this special place. Hop on the super-fast Shinkansen (bullet train) enjoy a classic train bento and snacks, and discover this hidden gem! This tour features 5 specialty food stops and a traditional local lunch!
- Bento lunch and snacks on the train
- 3-hour tour of Fujinomiya in Shizuoka Prefecture with a local guide.
- Visit 6 local shops and restaurants to try the regional specialties.
- Lunch in an 80-year-old restaurant using local ingredients.
- Try Local Wagashi” traditional sweets from a confectionery master.
- Visit a famous local shrine and see the new Mt. Fuji Cultural Center.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
Our guide will travel with the guests, and we will need to coordinate in advance. (Those with JR Passes will have a tour price reduction, please contact us directly before booking). The tour will begin at a major station in the city of your choice and then at the entrance to the Mt. Fuji World Heritage Cultural Center in Fujinomiya.
Address: According to the guest city, we will need to coordinate in advance.
What I will provide
- Travel arrangements and guided bullet train trip from Tokyo, Kyoto, or Osaka custom for your travel plans.
- Try local dishes at 6 food stops
- Walking level intermediate
- Local shops and sightseeing
- Return travel to your starting city
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 9:30 am and ends at 4:30 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary restriction flexibility: vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian, gluten-free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way that may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- Family-friendly tour