What we will do
Explore the back streets of Shinbashi and experience how the Japanese working class unwinds after a long day at the office in a maze of eateries, izakayas (Japanese pubs), and standing bars. A highly recommended MUST do activity in Tokyo! Go to local spots, this is a perfect tour for people wanting to avoid the “touristy” areas of Tokyo! Try different kinds of dishes for an unforgettable culinary experience.
- Visit 5 food stops, including local dishes, dessert, and a drink.
- Eat alongside the real workers of Japan and see how they unwind after a long day at the office.
- Walk the backstreets of Shinbashi that only most locals know about.
- Eat and travel with a foodie and get to know Japanese food and local pub culture.
- This area is lost in time and yet remains popular with Japanese locals. Get off the tourist track and taste the real Japan.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of SL Quare Steam Engine (Three ladies statue side)
2-7-1 Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo-to 105-0004
Shimbashi Station - JR Yamanote Line, Ginza Subway Line, and Yurikamome monorail
SL Square Exit
What I will provide
- Try local dishes at 5 food stops
- 1 Drink
- Dessert included
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 4:30 pm and ends at 7:30 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way that may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.