What we will do
The Old Town Tokyo Food Tour – On this tour guests will visit the charming area of Yanaka – one of the few remaining districts in Tokyo where the shitamachi (downtown) atmosphere– a feeling of Tokyo from past decades, still survives. The Yanaka area is filled with a feeling of nostalgia and rustic charm. Our tour will offer you a sightseeing opportunity different from the “big city” feel of other parts of Tokyo. Try dishes from small family businesses that have cold this area “home” for decades. This tour ends with a very unique green tea and traditional wagashi (Japanese sweets) experience in a special shop run by the 4th generation family owner.
- 3-hour tour of Tokyo’s Yanaka District, old town ambiance reminiscent of Tokyo from past decades.
- Visit small shops and try local specialties.
- Enjoy a regional lunch.
- See how the Yanaka area is a great place for locals and visitors alike.
- Explore the art community and see wonderful galleries housed in traditional buildings.
- Finish up with a wonderful traditional tea ceremony in a hidden gem antique shop.
Check out this video to learn more about the tour:
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
The front of Coffee Room Renoir Nippori (next to 7/11)
Tokyo Taito-ku Yanaka 7-20-6
Nippori Station – JR Yamanote train or Exit from the North Gate to the West Exit, the cafe is next to a 7/11
What I will provide
- Wagashi (traditional Japanese dessert) & tea experience
- 6 food stops with a variety of local snacks and dessert
- Local lunch in a restaurant
- Shopping time
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time – Starts promptly at 10:30 am ends at 1:30 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest’s participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.