What we will do
Join our morning tour of the historic neighborhood market in Tsukiji. You have probably heard that the wholesale fish vendors have moved — But this part of town is still one of the best food areas in all of Tokyo, home to delicious restaurants and market shops, some dating back over 100 years or more! Taste specialties from the area; things you simply cannot find anywhere else. We know all the hidden gems and will make sure you have a chance to taste the many flavors that make up the heart and soul of Japanese cuisine. Start out with an amazing coffee and a tour overview at one of Tokyo’s best artisanal coffee spots.
- Visit the intermediate market building with over 65 fish market vendors that elected to remain in Tsukiji.
- Breakfast at a local restaurant.
- Food tastings from the Tsukiji Outer Market area.
- Green tea with wagashi and other traditional Japanese sweets.
- Exploration of regional food from around Japan.
Check this video to learn more about the tour:
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of Turret Coffee Shop Tsukiji
Tsukiji Station- Hibiya Subway Line Exit 2
It is near to Tsukiji Station and directly behind a Starbucks. Please do not google the address as there are 2 turret coffee locations in the Ginza-Tsukiji area and the other location (closer to Ginza station) is likely to pop up.
What I will provide
- Full Tsukiji specialty seafood breakfast
- Try local dishes at 4 food stops
- 1 Drink
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time – Starts promptly at 9:00 am and ends at 12:00 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest’s participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.