What we will do
Asakusa, Tokyo’s #1 Family Food Tour - Every guidebook and checklist will tell you that the Asakusa area is a “Must See!” But we know you want to get off the beaten track and discover hidden spots and tasty treats that most tourists will never find. Our local expert will point out interesting details and history that will make the area come alive in your imagination. Learn about this important area while trying snacks, sweets and having a local seasonal lunch. This neighborhood is famous for the history of course, but it is also a foodie’s dream come true.
- Experience an afternoon of great food and tradition in one of Tokyo’s must-see districts, Asakusa.
- Enjoy an authentic Japanese lunch, with regional options from the south of Japan.
- Hear the stories of the area as you explore the side streets and alleyways.
- Experience different regional flavors from all over Japan including Japanese plums, pickles, rice crackers, tea, and more (subject to change based on the season).
- Have a taste of melon pan, a local dessert, and one of Japan’s best-kept secrets.
Check out this video to learn more about the tour:
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of the Asakusa Culture and Tourism Center (浅草文化観光センター)
2-18-9 Kaminarimon, Taitō-ku 〒111-0034 東京都台東区雷門２丁目１８−9
Asakusa Staion, Ginza Line & Asakusa Line – A4 Exit, or Tsukuba Express – A1 Exit
What I will provide
- Regional food tastings and street food
- Local lunch with tea
- One drink included
- Dessert included
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time – Starts promptly at 11:00 am, ends at 2:00 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest’s participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol