What we will do
Retro Shibuya Food Tour – This hidden gem nightlife tour will show you a side of Shibuya that tourists never see. Step back into history and visit spots and have experiences that locals have enjoyed for decades! Visit drinking and dining stalls that are hiding in plain sight. Learn about the culture of Tachinomi bars where diners snack on local seasonal dishes and drink with friends and coworkers. Try some of the best local Ramen at a favorite shop that has stood the test of time– serving local fans for over 60 years! And have a dessert experience that you will never forget. Your inner child will have so much fun on our last dessert stop, but we can’t tell you much here as we don’t want to spoil the surprise.
- 3-hour tour of the back streets and hidden spots around Shibuya
- Try local snacks with 3 drinks included
- Visit a famous 60+-year-old iconic Ramen shop
- Learn about the history of Shibuya dating back to the Showa era 1920s-1960s and discover some special spots from Tokyo’s past.
- This evening tour will take you to places that you would simply not find on your own.
Check out this video to learn more about this tour:
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of the Wall Mural of Hachiko (The famous local dog) right outside the station, at Hachiko Exit.
1 Chome-2 Dogenzaka, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0043
Shibuya Station- Yamanote Line, Saikyo Line, Shonan-Shinjuku Line, Ginza Keio Inokashira Fukutoshin Line and Hanazomon Line Hachiko Exit
What I will provide
- 3 drinks included ranging from beer, local sake, other beverages
- Try local dishes at 4 food stops
- Dessert included
- Local English speaking guide
- Strict policy on tour start time – Starts promptly at 4:00pm, ends at 7:00pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest’s participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.