What we will do
The true Hanami spirit during Cherry Blossom season in Kyoto can be found away from some of the busier neighborhoods, and instead exploring around temples, gardens and shrines (both big and small). Join us on this walking tour of the Demachiyanagi area of Kyoto. Taste local treats and beverages, under the cherry trees, explore the history of the district, browse along a very local “Shotengai” Shopping arcade and a famous Shrine and Temple area- and finish up with a delicious foodie dinner experience in a local Soba or Udon restaurant – after viewing the gorgeous blossoms around the neighborhood.
We will start off with some small snacks under the cherry trees but we will also feature dinner during our tour. You will have a chance to join us at a local “sobaya or udonya (noodle) restaurant” that is serving 100% handmade noodles. You can also try local sake (rice wine), and a variety of other regional dishes. The restaurants feature seasonal menus so you can discover the best ingredients during the springtime in Kyoto. At the end of the tour, you can enjoy a locally famous, traditional dessert.
- 3-hour tour including strolling around the Demachiyanagi area of Kyoto.
- Try local snacks and sweets.
- Experience a real Hanami stroll and mini picnic with our local guide, plenty of time, and tips for taking great cherry blossom photos.
- Browse the local shops along the way.
- Dinner of local and seasonal dishes at a classic Kyoto restaurant in the area.
- A special Hanami gift at the end of your tour.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
At Demachiyanagi station near the entrance of the Rent A Cycle shop EMUSICA
〒606-8205 Kyōto-fu, 京都市左京区 Sakyō-ku, Tanaka Kamiyanagichō, 田中上柳町２４ リヴィエール鴨東 1F
What I will provide
- Two drinks included
- Seasonal and local dinner in a restaurant
- Various tastings of local snacks and sweets
- Cherry blossom viewing
- Shopping time
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 4:30 pm ends at 7:30 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary restriction flexibility: vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian, gluten-free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way that may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.