What we will do
The Osaka Shinsekai Street Food Tour - Evening - The Shinsekai district is unique — there is nothing really like it anywhere else in Japan. The neighborhood dates back to the early 1900s and grew in popularity through the post-war “Showa” era until the 1960s. An exploration in this colorful neighborhood really is very “Local-Osaka.” Though people visit from across Japan and around the world, this area is still very much a neighborhood spot- with many shops, restaurants and gaming parlors catering to the everyday laborers who live nearby. This retro-district is full of inexpensive local dining and entertainment options. We will explore together and showcase the culinary history of this special area.
- Taste the true flavors of Osaka dating back to the early 1900s.
- 5 food stops where guests can try local food and drinks.
- Taste the real flavor of one of Osaka’s hidden specialties “mixed juice” at the cafe where it was invented.
- Find out how the locals enjoy shopping and entertainment in this vintage neighborhood.
- This is a photographer and foodie dream area. You will love taking Instagrammable photos here!
- If you come with one of our guides you will hear stories of the small details and deep history that you could never discover on your own!
Check out this video to learn more about the tour:
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
Base of Tsutenkaku Tower next to the large POCKY Snack Sign.
1-18-6 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa-ku, Ōsaka-shi, Ōsaka-fu 556-0002
Ebisucho Station - Subway Sakaisuji Line, Dobutsuen-mae Station - Subway Midosuji and Sakaisuji Lines
What I will provide
- Try local dishes at 5 food stops
- 1 drink
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 5:00 pm ends at 8:00 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.