What we will do
Our Kyoto Night Food Tour exploring Gion and Shirakawa is a celebration of Japanese traditional culture and Kaiseki cuisine, a multi-course, multi-flavored Japanese dinner that flawlessly mixes global and local flavors to produce some of the most delicious dishes on the planet. This is our most luxurious dinner tour. Guests will learn about the history of this ancient city and have a first-hand experience with guided information about the deep meaning conveyed in Kaiseki cuisine.
- Local guide explaining the history and current practices of the Maiko and Geiko culture of Kyoto.
- Local traditional snack stop.
- Kyoto-specific culture and customs.
- One of our most beautiful walking tours.
- Kaiseki Course meal experience with seasonal and regional food elements explained for a deeper understanding of the historic food culture of Kyoto.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of the Kyoto Kanji Museum
551 Gionmachi Minamigawa, Higashiyama-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 605-0074
Shijo Station - Keihan Line Exit 6
What I will provide
- 10-course dinner plus green tea
- 1 Drink
- Dessert included
- Local English speaking guide
- Strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 5:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary restriction flexibility: vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian, gluten-free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way that may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.