What we will do
At the heart of Kyoto, the “Flower Districts” around Gion are the city’s most famous entertainment districts and the center of traditional culture and nightlife. We will start our tour strolling around a more hidden “flower-district” (the historic name for areas with tea houses featuring music and dance performed by Kyoto’s famous geisha.) If we are lucky we will spot the Maiko and Geiko on their way to their work for the evening.
- 3-hour tour of the small hidden streets of Gion.
- Experience an evening stroll with our local guide, and really find out about this historic area.
- Try local seasonal dishes and a sake tasting (other beverages also available).
Visit an award-winning bar and try a creative cocktail and local seasonal dishes.
- Browse the local streets, bridges, and rivers along the way.
- Classic Whisky bar tasting with chocolate pairing (or bar snacks if preferred).
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
- Meet up point: In front of Kyoto Marui Department store WORLD CLOCK at the crossing of Shijo dori-Kawaramachi Subway Station 京都マルイ
- Address: 68 Shinchō, Shimogyō-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu
- Access: Kawaramachi Subway Station
What I will provide
- Sake, cocktail, whisky, and other beverage tastings included
- Try local dishes at 4 food stops
- Dinner in a restaurant with specialty dishes
- Local snacks paired with famous Kyoto Whiskey
- Local English-speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 5:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary restriction flexibility: vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian, gluten-free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way that may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.