What we will do
Enjoy a walking tour of Pontocho and Gion Shirakawa, two of Kyoto’s most charming and historical areas. Travel back in time to enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes in this rustic neighborhood. Discover tea houses, restaurants, and charming sights to see around every corner. This casual evening tour is perfect for families and those wanting to explore these historical and delicious neighborhoods.
- Spend a relaxing evening of food tasting with a local guide, meticulously planned to maximize your short time in this amazing place.
- Walking Tour of the famous Pontocho and Gion Shirakawa districts.
- Enjoy 5 food and drink stops featuring classic, and seasonal dishes of Kyoto.
- Try sumi (charcoal) grilled meat and seafood skewers.
- Visit at traditional soba noodle spot and taste local sake (rice wine) at a charming standing bar.
Check out this video to learn more about the tour:
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of Pocchiri, a charming souvenir shop on Gion Shijo Dori ぽっちり 祇園本店
〒605-0073 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Higashiyama-ku, Gionmachi Kitagawa 祇園町北側２５４−１
Access: Gion Shijo Station - Keihan Line, Exit towards Minamiza or Yasaka Shrine
What I will provide
- 5 food and drink stops
- 2 drinks
- Historic area sightseeing
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 4:30 pm, ends at 7:30 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.