What we will do
Guest will enjoy a walking food tour through the historic Nishiki Food Market, an area known to locals as the Kitchen of Kyoto as it plays a huge part in supporting the Kyoto food industry. Business has been conducted here for the past 400 years and with one of the richest culinary atmospheres in the world, you will have a chance to sample some of the freshest food of your life. Learn about what makes Kyoto cuisine unique and meet some of the cities oldest family produce and ingredients merchants.
- 3-hour walking food tour in the world-famous Nishiki Market.
- Visit family-owned shops and stalls to sample local and seasonal food.
- Fresh seafood, local snacks, preserved fruits, and other specialty items are just a few things you will taste and learn about from your local guide.
- Explore the building blocks of what makes Japanese food special and why this historic cuisine has been given UNESCO World Heritage Status.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of Lacoste Kawaramachi
Naramonochi 375, Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Shimogyō-ku, 〒600-8004
Hankyu train Line - Kawaramachi Station Exit 9
What I will provide
- 7-course lunch and food tastings at the market included
- Visit 10-12 market vendors and taste the flavors of Kyoto
- Japanese tea included
- Shopping time
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 10:00 am and ends at 1:00 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way that may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.