What we will do
Exploring in the Fushimi district of Kyoto, our guide will take you through the streets of this stunning town to various traditional and modern sake breweries sharing a sense of the area’s 400-year-old sake brewing tradition. Known for brewing some of the best sake in the world, Fushimi’s secret lies in the natural spring water of the area. Because of the water holding less magnesium and calcium than other parts of Japan or the world, the sake of this famous area reaches levels of purity and taste that other areas can not easily replicate. Guests will also enjoy delicious food tastings that go well with sake.
- 3-hour tour of Fushimi district, Kyoto’s sake district.
- Visit both a small and large sake brewery to get a sense of the differences of scale and of course try their sake and other products.
- Guided tour at the Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum, one of Japan’s pre-eminent places to learn about sake production.
- See how a brewery works and get a sense of what goes into making the world’s best sake.
- Sake tastings at various spots during the tour, different breweries, and different styles.
Check out this video to learn more about the tour:
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of SoftBank Fushimi ソフトバンク伏見桃山
4-291-1 Ryogaemachi, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-fu, Japan, 612-8082
Fushimi Momoyama Station - Keihan Train Line or Momoyama Goriyo Station - Kintetsu Line
What I will provide
- Local lunch in a restaurant
- Several sake tastings included
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 11:00 am and ends at 2:00 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.