What we will do
Green tea fans will love our tour to the town of Uji in Kyoto — the home of Matcha. A trip to Uji will give you many chances to experience and taste Matcha and other types of green tea in a variety of beverages and foods. The green tea and matcha (powdered green tea) produced here in Uji are famous for their quality not only in Japan, but also all over the world. Also while visiting Uji you can see the gorgeous and famous Byodoin temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This special tour takes you away from the overcrowded tourist areas of Tokyo for a beautiful visit to the historic resort area of Kyoto’s ancient noble families.
- 3-hour tour of Kyoto’s Uji district, the home of Matcha, including a delicious lunch set.
- Authentic Tea Experience.
- Visit local tea shops and stroll the beautiful streets of Uji.
- A visit to the outer grounds of Byodoin temple, a World Heritage site which is featured as the design on the 10 yen coin.
- See how tea is prepared and get a sense of what goes into the production of the world’s best Matcha.
Check out this video to learn more about the tour:
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
At entrance of Keihan Uji station 宇治駅 ( NOT the JR Uji station)
7-13, Uji-Otsukata, Uji, Kyoto
Uji Station - Keihan Line
What I will provide
- Lunch in a restaurant, tea experience
- Matcha tasting included
- Matcha making, wagashi sweets, and matcha ice cream all featured
- Shopping time
- Strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 11:00 am ends at 2:00 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.