What we will do
Beginning near the famous Peace Park your guide will take you through the streets and shopping arcades of downtown Hiroshima. Experience local hospitality and try the dishes this city has become famous for across Japan. Of course, we will try classic Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki but with your guide, you will also try local snacks, a spicy tsukemen that will delight ramen lovers everywhere, visit a classic “village-inside-a-building” of teppanyaki yumminess AND finish up with a surprising old-meets-new dessert stop.
Many people know the history of Hiroshima but meeting the people and visiting this city will be an illuminating experience. Hiroshima’s commitment to peace around the world has made it one of the friendliest places in Japan. People genuinely want to share their stories, welcome you to their city, and share with you not just the history but what the city has become and how they look toward the future.
From fanatical sports fans, soul food professionals, wide streets with friendly shop owners, local crafts, and a welcoming spirit, this city should be on your MUST SEE list. Don’t just come for the peace park and the famous Miyajima island, let us show you the local side of Hiroshima.
There are endlessly delicious memories to be made here. Get off the beaten track and explore Hiroshima culture through the food and friendly local atmosphere.
- 3-hour tour of downtown Hiroshima’s food scene.
- Try local specialties at 4 food stops including dessert.
- Learn about the local spirit of one of Japan’s friendliest cities.
- Try a special tsukemen, a variation on one of Japan’s most popular foods, ramen.
- Browse the shops at a local shopping arcade for souvenirs and snacks unique to the area.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
Where we will meet
Meet up point:
In front of Akushu Cafe
握手カフェ PARK SIDE
〒730-0051 Hiroshima-ken, Hiroshima-shi, Naka-ku, Ōtemachi, 1 Chome−2−1
Genbaku Dome-Mae Station 原爆ドーム前駅
What I will provide
- 4 food stops
- 2 drinks included
- Dessert included
- Dining in local restaurants
- Shopping time
- Local English speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 4:30 pm and ends at 7:30 pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary restriction flexibility: vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian, gluten-free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way that may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.