Experience some of Japan’s most amazing flavors and important ingredients. Guests can develop a deeper understanding of why Japanese cuisine is so exquisite and unique. Learn about the famous foods from different regions of Japan, the process of how they are made, and why they come from those areas. We visit many specialty shops and discover the history of one of Tokyo’s oldest and most important culinary neighborhoods, a great tour for guests looking for an easy pace.
- Visit 7 food stops showing the different flavors, regions, and traditions of Japanese cuisine and tea.
- Food samplings include Dashi (soup stock), Regional snacks, Egg roll (Tamagoyaki), Fish cakes from Kagoshima (south of Japan), eel sushi, and wagashi.
- Visit Japan’s oldest and most expensive fruit shop and a 300+-year-old knife shop.
- A delicious lunch with choices of Soba, Tempura and Sashimi Set, Grilled Fish, Chicken Sukiyaki.
- Enjoy an authentic Wagashi Experience with a sweets-artist master.
We are Arigato Travel KK. Our goal is to help you make delicious memories of Japan during your travels to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! On our tours, you’ll taste local and regional specialties and we will show you places locals cherish for an off-the-beaten-path, foodie experience of daily life in Japan that you won’t soon forget.
- Meet up point: In front of Starbucks close to the famous Nihonbashi Bridge (the branch closest to the bridge).
- Address: 1-7-1 Nihonbashi Muromachi, Chūō-ku, Tōkyō-to 103-0022
- Access: Mitsukoshimae Station Ginza Line or Hanzomon Subway Line
- Try local dishes at 7 food stops
- Local Japanese Lunch
- One complimentary drink
- Regional food tasting
- Local English-speaking guide
- A strict policy on tour start time – Starts promptly at 10:30 a.m. ends at 1:30 p.m. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, a maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary restriction flexibility: vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian-friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and if these restrictions are allergies or preferences.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others, or behaving in a way that may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants, and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest’s participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- Family-friendly tour: strollers can also be used for children.